The deadline for submitting industry funding business activity metrics has passed.
Invoices will be issued in January 2019.
If you have missed the deadline and have not submitted your metrics, you are still encouraged to register a portal account for future correspondence with ASIC.
ASIC Regulatory Portal ‘how to video’
About the portal
The ASIC Regulatory Portal is where our regulated community can access ASIC’s increasing suite of digital services. It is an important first step on our journey to improve the experience of our regulatory stakeholders. The portal will improve how we deliver online services to you over time, and how you can transact and interact with us.
For more information - quick reference guides and instructional videos - see our FAQs.
Who is the portal for?
Currently, the portal provides service for:
- Regulated entities with industry funding obligations
- Trusted representatives of regulated entities – company employees, compliance officers, registered agents, or service providers
Over the coming months, we will add services for:
- Existing or potential licencees or managed fund operators and their representatives – Australian financial services licensees, credit licensees, market operators and managed fund operators
- Existing or potential registered professionals – liquidators, auditor and authorised audit companies
- Organisations – officeholders or employees who notify or interact with ASIC on behalf of a regulated entity
Industry funding fast facts
- The Government’s industry funding arrangements for ASIC became law in 2017.
- Industry funding is an annual cycle. Between July and September each year, entities will need to log in to the portal and submit their industry funding metrics for the previous financial year. New users will be required to register for a portal account.
- The information you provide will enable ASIC to calculate your share of the regulatory costs for the sector in which you operate.
- The deadline for submitting industry funding metrics for FY 2017-18 was 27 September 2018. Invoices for FY 2017-18 will be issued in January 2019.
- The detailed methodology for how we will calculate levies for each industry sector is outlined in Report 535 ASIC cost recovery arrangements: 2017–18.