Submissions for industry funding business activity metrics are now open. If you are required to submit metrics, you will need to do so by 23/09/2021.
We are currently experiencing problems with the PDF versions of submitted transactions and are working to resolve this issue as soon as possible. You do not need to resubmit your transaction. If you cannot access the PDF version of your transaction using the 'View original PDF' button, please try again over the next few days.
ASIC Regulatory Portal: How to register
About the portal
The ASIC Regulatory Portal is where our regulated community can access ASIC’s increasing suite of digital services. It is an important first step on our journey to improve the experience of our regulatory stakeholders. The portal will improve how we deliver online services to you over time, and how you can transact and interact with us.
For more information - quick reference guides and instructional videos - see our FAQs.
Who is the portal for?
Currently, the portal provides service for:
- Regulated entities with industry funding obligations
- Company officers and Australian financial services licensees
- Trusted representatives of regulated entities – company employees, compliance officers, registered agents, or service providers
- Registered auditors and liquidators
- Self-managed superannuation fund (SMSF) auditors
- Market intermediaries – market participants and retail over-the-counter (OTC) derivatives providers
- Australian passport fund operators and foreign passport fund operators
Over time, we will add services for:
- Existing or potential licensees and their representatives – Australian financial services licensees, credit licensees and market operators
- Existing or potential registered professionals – liquidators, registered company auditors and authorised audit companies
- Organisations – officeholders or employees who notify or interact with ASIC on behalf of a regulated entity
Industry funding fast facts
- The Government’s industry funding arrangements for ASIC became law in 2017.
- Industry funding is an annual cycle. Between July and September/October each year, entities will need to log in to the portal and submit their industry funding metrics for the previous financial year. New users will need to register for a portal account.
- The information you provide will enable ASIC to calculate your share of the regulatory costs for the sector in which you operate.
- The deadline for submitting industry funding metrics for 2019-20 was 1 October 2020.
- More information about industry funding.